RE: [STF] WS Sec Group Scoping

From: Joseph Hui <Joseph.Hui@exodus.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:42:22 -0700
To: "Hal Lockhart" <hal.lockhart@entegrity.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

From: Hal Lockhart [mailto:hal.lockhart@entegrity.com]
[snip]
>         Phase 3) Accessibility; and
> I am more familiar with using the term Availability for this.
> Accessibility is most frequently used to refer to adaptions
> for people with disabilities.

In conventional contexts, especially with UI folks, Accessibility
indeed is more often associated with disabilities, e.g. the WEB
Accessibility activities in W3C, the Accessibility option in
MS Windows' Control Panel, ...

> Is Accessibility the term normally used in the W3C to mean
> the opposite of Denial of Service?

We are only speaking of Accessibility in the context of security.
Within such context, Availability connotes the DOS affecting the
targets only; and Accessibilities pertains to both the targets
(SYN flood, e.g.) and the sources (DNS spoofing, e.g.).

Back to summer hibernation,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service