Re: Summary: D-AG0009

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:48:45 -0500
To: "Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)" <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Cc: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>, www-ws-arch@w3.org
Hi Roger,

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:39:09AM -0600, Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) wrote:
> Well, is it possible that one might identify components of web service
> architecture that could be implemented using RDF but not, in practical
> terms, using XML without RDF?  Or something along those lines?

If I understand you correctly, I don't think so.  Anything describable
with RDF (and btw, I mean the model not the XML syntax) can also be
described with a more specific language, such as is done when some
instance of an XML schemata is used to describe something (e.g. WSDL).

But that raises a good point.  We could be more specific with the
success factor I mentioned, perhaps replacing it with;

- any use of XML as a descriptive format should use RDF