Re: smallest winie footprint

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:54:29 +0200 (MEST)
To: Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@maven.org>
Cc: www-winie@w3.org

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Hi Jason,

> I'm currently working on maven2 (maven.apache.org) and we're looking for
> an http client library which has a small footprint to distribute with
> the maven2 core. I see that with the winie distribution there are:
>
> client.jar
> sax.jar
> winie.jar
> xp.jar

client.jar is the HTTP client package from Jigsaw [1]
winie is the GUI and the logic used to check ETags of resources, etc..

> We don't need a GUI but we would like http/1.1 with some basic proxy
> support. Just wondering if all these JARs are necessary or if a build
> could be created to make a stripped down version of winie for the
> purposes of embedding.

In that case, client.jar is what you need. It contains also WebDAV
classes, a full HTTP/1.1 cache support.
I can start to generate a standalone jar from the Jigsaw distribution, if
ou need this (a new release is on its way)

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/

--
Yves Lafon - W3C