smallest winie footprint

From: Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@maven.org>
Date: 01 Jun 2004 15:10:53 -0400
To: www-winie@w3.org

Hi,

I'm currently working on maven2 (maven.apache.org) and we're looking for
an http client library which has a small footprint to distribute with
the maven2 core. I see that with the winie distribution there are:

client.jar
sax.jar
winie.jar
xp.jar

We don't need a GUI but we would like http/1.1 with some basic proxy
support. Just wondering if all these JARs are necessary or if a build
could be created to make a stripped down version of winie for the
purposes of embedding.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl