W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > January 2004

MINUTES - Telecon of January 29

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:59:47 -0500
Message-Id: <p0602042cbc3f2dcc417f@[10.0.1.2]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Cc: janet@w3.org
Minutes -
Web Ontology Working Group
telecon of January 29

attending:
Janet Daly, Marwan_Sabbouh, DanC, JeremyC, Ian_Horrocks, NickG, 
HermanT, jimH, Jos, Sandro, Evan, Guus

Summary:
1.0 - next meeting Feb 12 - DanC chair, Jeremy scribe
2.0 - OWL Recommendation/Publicity:
  Janet Daly joined to discuss Publicity with respect to upcoming OWL 
recommendation.  Key points
    Date about dates and publicity at:
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0081.html
       (Jim H note - IMPORTANT: PLEASE HELP US GET TESTIMONIALS FROM 
OTHER FOLKS USING OWL-
         these do NOT have to be W3C members)
    Janet solicited volunteers to help review Press release materials next week
    Q/A with Janet
3.0 - minutes of last call approved
4.0 - All outstanding agenda items DONE
5.0 - Technical discussion
  5.1 Resolved the XMLliteral issue
  5.2 Minor change to S&AS agreed to

RESOLUTIONS:

RESOLVED to approve minutes 15Jan 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0040.html 
(ammended: not Feb 15)

RESOLVED: TO recommend to the Director that we change test 205 to 
remove OWL FUll (and Jeremy to do what is needed to fix this)

RESOLVED: To recommend to the Director that we make a change in 
section 4.2.2 (of test) to make it clear that the datatype map of an 
OWL Full COnsistency checker MUST also support rdf:XMLliteral 
(amended to include similar change to Reference)

  RESOLVED: PROPOSAL: To recommend to the Director that we make a 
change to section 5.2 of S&AS as indicated by Jeremy in this irc 
(see Part II of irc log)

RESOLVED: to recommend to the director a change to OWL mapping rules 
as detailed in agenda (item 5.2) and horrock's editor's draft

CONTINUING ACTIONS:  NONE (woohoo!!)
NEW ACTIONS:

2.0
ACTION: JimH to contact NIH about OWL testimonial re: NCIBI
( Janet to contact IBM re: SNObase and possible testimonial)

5.0
ACTION: Jeremy/Sandro to make appropriate changes to TEST to reflect 
the Resolutions of Jan 29
ACTION: Guus/Sandro to make appropriate changes to REF to reflect the 
resolutions of Jan 29
ACTION: Ian/Sandro to coordinate changes to S&AS to reflect the 
resolutions of Jan 29

IRC Logs:

Due to logging problems the IRC log is in two parts - they can be 
concatenated for the total IRC log.
   Part I: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/chatlogs/webont/2004-01-29
   Part II: http://www.w3.org/2004/01/29-webont-irc
-- 
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler 
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)
Received on Thursday, 29 January 2004 17:00:48 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:03 GMT