W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > January 2004

Re: please review staging drafts

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:56:02 -0500
Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.J.20040129155530.078e76e0@localhost>
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: "Ian Horrocks" <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

Hello Sandro,

This look good. Be very careful with your perl version.

Regards,   Martin.

At 15:00 04/01/29 -0500, Sandro Hawke wrote:

>I've changed the numeric entities into characters using a line Liam
>suggested:
>       perl -p -e 's/\&#x([0-9a-f]+);/chr(hex($1))/gei;' -e 
> 's/\&#([0-9]+);/chr($1)/gei;' < $x > tmp
>
>and the results as in
> 
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/TR/STAGE-owl-test/misc-200-xmlliteral.html
>render the same for me.
>
>Of course I'm expecting new drafts from Jeremy tomorrow, so I'll have
>to run this again.
>
>        -- sandro
>
>
> > Sandro's in charge of that sort of change - I leave it as his call.
> >
> > I used the numeric refs when the doc was being served as ISO-whatever ...
> >
> > Jeremy
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Martin Duerst [mailto:duerst@w3.org]
> > > Sent: 29 January 2004 17:58
> > > To: Jeremy Carroll; Sandro Hawke; Ian Horrocks
> > > Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
> > > Subject: RE: please review staging drafts
> > >
> > >
> > > Hello Jeremy,
> > >
> > > The Japanese shows without problems. But that's not due to the
> > > fact that the encoding is correct, it's due to the fact that
> > > the source uses numeric character references. This is a pity
> > > because the file is served as UTF-8, and so the characters
> > > could be represented directly. I hope you can fix this,
> > > I can help you.
> > >
> > > Regards,    Martin.
> > >
> > >
> > >      &lt;first:ShakespearePlay rdf:ID="Romeo-and-Juliet"&gt;
> > >
> > >        &lt;rdfs:label xml:lang="en"&gt;Romeo and 
> Juliet&lt;/rdfs:label&gt;
> > >        &lt;rdfs:comment xml:lang="en"&gt;The Most Excellent and
> > > Lamentable
> > > Tragedy
> > >            of Romeo and Juliet.&lt;/rdfs:comment&gt;
> > >        &lt;rdfs:label xml:lang="it"&gt;Romeo e
> > > Giulietta&lt;/rdfs:label&gt;
> > >        &lt;rdfs:comment xml:lang="it"&gt;La tragedia di Romeo e
> > > Giulietta&lt;/rdfs:comment&gt;
> > >
> > >        &lt;rdfs:label rdf:parseType="Literal"
> > >            &gt;&lt;span
> > > xml:lang="ja"&gt;&#12525;&#12511;&#12458;&#12392;&#12472;&#12517;&
> > > #12522;&#1
> > > 2456;&#12483;&#12488;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/rdfs:label&gt;
> > >        &lt;rdfs:comment rdf:parseType="Literal"
> > >            &gt;&lt;span
> > > xml:lang="ja"&gt;&#12525;&#12511;&#12458;&#12392;&#12472;&#12517;&
> > > #12522;&#1
> > > 2456;&#12483;&#12488;&#12398;&lt;ruby&gt;&lt;rbc&gt;&lt;rb&gt;&#24
> > > 754;&lt;/r
> > > b&gt;&lt;rb&gt;&#21127;&lt;/rb&gt;&lt;/rbc&gt;
> > >
> > >
> > > &lt;rtc&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12402;&lt;/rt&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12370;&#12365;
> > > &lt;rtc&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12402;&lt;/rt&gt;&lt;rt&gt;&#12370;&#12365;
> > > &lt;/rt&gt;
> > > &lt;/rtc&gt;&lt;/ruby&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/rdfs:comment&gt;
> > >      &lt;/first:ShakespearePlay&gt;
> > >
> > >
> > > At 17:07 04/01/29 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> > >
> > > >I was anxious concerning the test misc-201, with the Japanese
> > > characters in
> > > >it. You have changed the encoding, I assume in a way that works, but it
> > > >would be good to have someone proof read who can understand Japanese.
> > > >
> > > >http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/TR/STAGE-owl-test/misc-200-xmlli
> > teral#misce
> > >llaneous-201
> > >
> > >(cc-ing Martin D・st ...)
> > >
> > >Jeremy
> > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: www-webont-wg-request@w3.org
> > > > [mailto:www-webont-wg-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Sandro Hawke
> > > > Sent: 29 January 2004 16:53
> > > > To: Ian Horrocks
> > > > Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
> > > > Subject: Re: please review staging drafts
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > One funny in owl-semantics-semantics-all.html - the table
> > > > > "Characteristics of OWL classes, datatypes, and properties" in 
> Section
> > > > > 5 is showing some non-existent differences. This doesn't show up in
> > > > > the compound document version, and I assume it is just a minor glitch
> > in
> > > > > the comparison (maybe white space or something).
> > > >
> > > > In case you're curious: it's showing an encoding change, from the
> > > > single character at code point 215 to the character string "&#215;",
> > > > which should have the same affect on browsers, but is independent of
> > > > the encoding of the document.  ("tidy" with the "-n" option does this
> > > > transformation.)  On some of the documents I used that approach; then
> > > > I switched to using UTF-8 via "iconv".
> > > >
> > > > > Of course we are still engaged in a debate about some minor changes
> > > > > requested by Herman and Jeremy, but I hope that this will be resolved
> > > > > in this evening's teleconf.
> > > >
> > > > Yep.
> > > >
> > > >     -- sandro
> > > >
> > > >
> >
Received on Thursday, 29 January 2004 16:04:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:03 GMT