Re: testing galen.owl

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:35:35 +0200
To: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Ian:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/att-0305/galen-taxonomy

> > It is hard to check that manually. Ian?
> > Maybe I should do some other tests; I'm not yet
> > that familiar with ontology practice...
>
> If you can provide results in the same format as [1], then I have
> software that will compare the two sets of results and output any
> differences. In case you are puzzled by the contents of [1], it
> reports the subsumption partial ordering of named classes in the
> ontology in the form of a set of "taxonomy locations" for each class
> name in the ontology, where a taxonomy location consists of a
> lisp-style list containing 3 elements: the class name, a list of its
> direct superclasses, and a list of its direct subclasses.

OK, that's interesting (just will probably not find
time to output in that format, at least not now -
have to help with re-papering a room ;-)).
Maybe an rdf kind of format to report the subsumption
partial ordering of named classes in the ontology is
also feasable, maybe it already exists?