Re: testing galen.owl

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:13:54 +0100
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

On September 20, Jos De_Roo writes:

> Bijan asked me to have an euler run of
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/OWL/Ontologies/galen.owl
> and I tried a simple query
> http://www.agfa.com/w3c/temp/galen-query.n3
> ie find ?A rdfs:subClassOf ?B.
> with option --think (find more solutions)
> and --nope (no proof explanation of the results).
> The answer we found is at
> http://www.agfa.com/w3c/temp/galen-result.n3
> but I'm wondering how that compares to
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/att-0305/galen-taxonomy
> It is hard to check that manually. Ian?
> Maybe I should do some other tests; I'm not yet
> that familiar with ontology practice...

If you can provide results in the same format as [1], then I have
software that will compare the two sets of results and output any
differences. In case you are puzzled by the contents of [1], it
reports the subsumption partial ordering of named classes in the
ontology in the form of a set of "taxonomy locations" for each class
name in the ontology, where a taxonomy location consists of a
lisp-style list containing 3 elements: the class name, a list of its
direct superclasses, and a list of its direct subclasses.

Ian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/att-0305/galen-taxonomy