Conforming Validator

From: Sean Bechhofer <seanb@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:27:21 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Following a very useful chat with Peter at DL, I believe I *do* now have a
conforming species validator (at least one that passes all the tests). RDF
results are available at [1], with links to the detailed validation
messages at [2].

The validator tries to provide sensible error messages when it encounters
things out of scope, but in some cases these might be misleading -- in
particular if things are not typed, the parser will make assumptions in
order to try and get as far through the parse as possible. Such
assumptions may lead to misleading error messages.

As before, this is available as a servlet:

http://phoebus.cs.man.ac.uk:9999/OWL/Validator

Have a play, but please don't stress it with enormous ontologies -- the
current code is particularly unoptimised.....

	Sean

[1] http://wonderweb.man.ac.uk/owl/ww-validation-results.rdf
[2] http://wonderweb.man.ac.uk/owl/ww-validation-results.html

--