Re: WOWG: 4Sep proposed agenda

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: WOWG: 4Sep proposed agenda
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:06:22 +0100

> Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
> > I will be travelling to Rome this afternoon/evening/night/morning/whatever,
> > so my participation in the telecon is at risk.
> >
> > peter
> >

> I was thinking of summarizing the B1 B2 state as:
>
> a) You have found a significant flaw in my purported proof.
> b) It is not clear yet whether this is fatal or not.

I am of the opinion that B1 B2 does not work with the current RDFS semantics.

> c) I am willing to try and repair it, but we would need minimally one week
> to do the repair and a second to verify, more realistically two weeks for
> each stage (i.e. a month total).

Well, I'm not prepared to have it supplant other things that I need to do in
September so I wouldn't be prepared to have any completion date before
mid-October, and then ISWC intervenes.

> Does that look fair? And if the WG want us to keep trying are you happy to
> review a further attempt (making increased use of comprehension)?

I am very leery of making changes to the OWL semantics at this stage.  I
would be willing to spend some effort to see whether a change would be
work, but I am not optimistic.  Just consider the problems with last-minute
changes to RDF.

> Jeremy

Peter F. Patel-Schneider