RDF Semantics review: a summary

From: <herman.ter.horst@philips.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:13:49 +0100
To: hendler@cs.umd.edu, schreiber@cs.vu.nl, www-webont-wg@w3.org
Cc: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>

As an action for WebOnt I did a fairly extensive
review of the RDF Semantics document.

It is clear that the document has undergone very much
progress since the Last Call version.

See below for the initial messages I sent to rdf-comments.
The messages below were followed by other interaction on
rdf-comments not listed below.  Along the way the
editorial version of the document evolved.

I tried to focus on the coherence of definitions and
mathematical details, and in particular on the correctness
of the three central completeness results in the document:
the interpolation lemma, the rdf entailment lemma, and the
rdfs entailment lemma.

I have become convinced of the truth of the first two of these
results, but the thread on the rdfs interpolation lemma started
with [3] has not yet completely finished.  In fact today I
found some counterexamples to the lemma [4].

I expect and hope that this tail of this review of the
RDF semantics document will converge soon.

Herman

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JulSep/0373.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003OctDec/0052.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003OctDec/0102.html