Re: Proposed response to "imports error in App. B of OWL Language Reference 31 March 2003"

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 13 May 2003 10:57:11 -0500
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Cc: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 05:50, Guus Schreiber wrote:
> Mike Dean wrote:
>
> > Below is a proposed response to [1].
> >
> > 	Mike
> >
> > [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003May/0073.html
> >
> > Dick,
> >
> > Thanks for your feedback on the OWL Reference.
> >

> >>The xmlns URI for rdfs ends with "#",
> >>but the imports URI for rdfs does not.
> >>
> >>Shouldn't they be the same?
> >

> > No.  Recall that the xmlns URI is a prefix preprended to a
> > local name to form the URI of a Resource within the
> > namespace (document), while owl:imports refers to the
> > namespace (document) itself.

Recall from where?

As I mentioned privately to Guus, let's please explain
using words from the spec.

(a) in doing so, you might find that your own understanding
was wrong
(b) you might find that the spec is wrong or misleading
and really should be fixed
(c) in any case, you'll get *the text of the spec* reviewed
by yourself and the commentor.

We can count this one as water under the bridge (unless
the commentor asks for more) but let's remember
for next time to base our replies on the text of the specs
and/or the decision record.