Re: Proposed response to "imports error in App. B of OWL Language Reference 31 March 2003"

Mike Dean wrote:

> Below is a proposed response to [1].
>
> 	Mike
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003May/0073.html
>
> Dick,
>
> Thanks for your feedback on the OWL Reference.
>

>>The xmlns URI for rdfs ends with "#",
>>but the imports URI for rdfs does not.
>>
>>Shouldn't they be the same?
>

> No.  Recall that the xmlns URI is a prefix preprended to a
> local name to form the URI of a Resource within the
> namespace (document), while owl:imports refers to the
> namespace (document) itself.
>
> 	Mike

Sorry, Mike. I already responded on the comments list, as I considered
this just a matter of explanation:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003May/0080.html

Well, at least our responses were consistent...

Guus

--
NOTE: new affiliation per April 1, 2003

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718