Two further review comments on S&AS

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:24:57 +0100
To: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

I have two more comments left over from January

A: Side condition

Properties that 1/ are specified as being transitive, 2/ have an inverse
property specified as being transitive, or 3/ have a sub-property (direct or
indirect) or an inverse of such a sub-property specified as being transitive
cannot participate in cardinality restrictions and cannot be specified as
functional or inverse-functional.
is a big improvement but omits the following cases

ObjectProperty( p inverseOf(invp) Functional )
ObjectProperty( invp )
ObjectProperty( q super(invp) Transitive )

ObjectProperty( q Functional )
ObjectProperty( p super(q) inverseOf(invp) )
ObjectProperty( invp )
ObjectProperty( q super(invp) Transitive )

Peter, if you would like me to suggest a minor mod to the text I can work on
it for tomorrow - I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

B: Literal

The following entailment holds according to the direct semantics but not in
OWL Full.

rdfs:Literal rdf:type rdfs:Datatype .

Suggest, simply prohibit the triple

rdfs:Literal rdf:type rdfs:Datatype .

from OWL DL (in section 4).

(My last recycled comments will be stylistic/editorial and so could be