Re: Proposed response to Dave Reynolds on dataranges

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 11:17:06 -0500
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Cc: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 12:50, Jim Hendler wrote:
> Ian - this looks okay to me, send it.

Oops; I guess I didn't review this quickly enough...
I see it's already been sent.

[...]
> >>  It was therefore decided

oops! no pointer to decision record.

> >> not to include them in the language at
> >>  present. It may be possible to add them in the future as and when a
> >>  thorough investigation of the issues proves that they would not have
> >>  any adverse effects.

I guess I'll follow up and add a pointer to the decision
record.

I think the relevant issue is 5.7... hmm...
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.7-Range-restrictions-should-not-be-separate-URIs
the issues list isn't clear on why we postponed that;
it seems to be missing details from Jim's message of 17Dec.
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0196.html

Hmm... did we sorta reopen 5.7 when we decided 5.8?

I think some clean-up of the issues list is in order.
I hope I can get to it presently.