Re: Agenda and Logistics July 24 telecon -- CR vote expected

At 8:39 AM +0100 7/23/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>Jim Hendler wrote:
>
>>  3.0 Proposal to Request Candidate Recommendation Status
>>  Proposal and rationale:
>>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0210.html
>>  Draft CE Director's request:
>>  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/rqim.html
>>

>Two points, intended as suggestions for discussion under this agendum.
>
>1:
>
>Is this also a resolution to publish CR documents - or do we have
>another round in which the editors prepare CR drafts and the WG has
>a chance to review them before a publish vote?
>In any case we probably could do with a round the table summary from
>the editors as to the current status of the documents.

absolutely - I intended the summary - also given it would take a
couple of weeks to get Director's approvals, we could make last fixes
then -- all changes have been approved by the WG, in spirit at least,
as part of the public LC process, so I'm not expecting problems in
this area.

>2:
>Offlist Jim quoted the following:
>[[
>In the Call for Implementations, the Working Group MAY identify
>specific features of the technical report as being "features at
>risk." General statements such as "We plan to remove any
>unimplemented feature" are not acceptable; the Working Group MUST
>precisely identify any features at risk. Thus, in response to a Call
>for Implementations, reviewers can indicate whether they would
>formally object to the removal of the identified features. After
>gathering implementation experience, the Working Group MAY remove
>features from the technical report that were identified as being "at
>risk" and request that the Director Call for Review of a Proposed
>Recommendation. If the Working Group makes other substantive changes
>to the technical report, the Director MUST return it to the Working
>Group for further work.
>]]

>Given Charles' reservations about passing all the tests we should
>determine   and document which features are at risk.
>For this task, it would be useful to know which tests have noone
>claiming victory at the moment.
>We should clarify in our call for implementations that there may be
>substantive changes in individual tests when implementors indicate
>that the tests do not conform to S&AS.

Great idea -- there was wording to this effect in your LC document,
and it would be good to include something similar in your editors'
draft.

>Jeremy

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***