Re: Layering bug?

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:41:01 +0200
To: "Jeremy Carroll <jjc" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

> > which (under the identities assumed in Full) is both RDFS-valid and an
> > OWL-inconsistency.  Welcome the wonderful world of layering :-)
> It is syntactically invalid in OWL Lite and OWL DL, and consistent in
> OWL Full - I see no problems.

Then why is

rdfs:Class rdf:type _:x.
_:x owl:complementOf owl:Class.

still not resolved to be an otest:InconsistencyTest ??
(because some think it isn't, and I can even follow
them: owl:Class ought to have an unambiguous meaning).

For the current case

owl:Class rdf:type owl:Class.

even Pat writes
  "both RDFS-valid and an OWL-inconsistency".