cultural meaning -was- Re: issues to be resolved before last call (rdfms-assertion)

From: Evan Wallace <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:08:57 -0500 (EST)
To: hendler@cs.umd.edu
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

>Evan - Peter is right - it is section 4.5 of the Last Call Candidate
>- the pointer to that section is

Yep.  Peter's hint to look for the Last Call Candidate instead of the
"latest" version helped me find the version the WG has been talking from.

He was, indeed, referencing the Clown example.  Pretty frightening.
It shows how important a standard import and versioning system
is, I think ;|.  However, I'm not sure it gets to the issue of an implicit
(i.e. not appearing in any form in any of the documents referenced by
an OWL document) cultural meaning that I thought was being brought up by
Dan and Pat.  This, to me, is even more troubling than extralogical content
(but content none-the-less) having legal strength.