Consistency Checker

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:45:48 +0000
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Clarification request.

13:51:33 <Raphael> Topic is "Consistency Checker"
13:52:22 <Raphael> Possible Compinations {Lite, DL, Full] x {Syntax,
Incomplete, Complete}
13:54:52 <Raphael> Ian says, sound is important, no matter what variant you
consider
13:57:57 <Raphael> Welty has problem with stamps, specifaly what is the
definition of complete exactly
13:58:13 <Raphael> Complete is to be understood as "Logically complete"
14:00:25 <Raphael> Decided: Stickers are: {Lite, DL, Full} x {Incomplete,
Complete}

During my overrunning lunch break, the WG made same good decisions about
conformance - I want to ensure I write them up correctly. I am encouraged
to absent myself more frequently!

My understanding from the above log, Jos's notes, and some thought is that
we have the following conformance statements:

Conformance statements for:
+ OWL Lite, OWL DL and OWL Full documents;
+ consistent OWL documents
+ OWL Syntax checker that assigns a document to one of the first three
categories
+ OWL Consistency checker that returns [yes/no/I don't know] concerning
consistency of OWL document
+ OWL Lite Consistency checker that does not say I don't know about OWL
Lite document.
+ OWL DL Consistency checker that does not say I don't know about OWL DL
document.

I get there because:
- we agreed the three syntactic classes and the syntax checker in the morning.
- the agreement in the IRC is for five consistency checkers:
   Sound Lite/DL/Full
   Complete Lite/DL
But the first three are identical, so I have condensed them to one thing.

Have I understood correctly, or is there some subtle difference between an
incomplete OWL Lite consistency checker, and an incomplete OWL Full
consistency checker that I have missed?