Re: XML Schemas/XSL translation

From: Masahiro Hori <HORIM@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:50:53 +0900
To: Sean Bechhofer <seanb@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, www-webont-wg-request@w3.org

Sean,

> Masahiro's schema defines the OWL namespace as:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/OWL-XMLScheme
>
> whereas Jerome's stylesheet has it as:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/OWL-XMLScheme

The namespace given in Jerome's stylesheet is correct.
I will change the namespace in the XML Schema.

Thanks,
-Masahiro

Masahiro Hori, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Programming Models & Tools,
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4667 / Fax: +81-46-274-4282
Email: horim@jp.ibm.com

                      Sean Bechhofer
                      <seanb@cs.man.ac.        To:       www-webont-wg@w3.org
                      uk>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  XML Schemas/XSL translation
                      www-webont-wg-req
                      uest@w3.org

                      2003/01/14 19:05

Masahiro + Jerome

I've been trying to get some of my tools to produce OWL XML Schema.
Working with the latest version of Masahiro's schemas [1], I am able to
produce XML that validates against this schema (using Xerces as
validator). However, when I try and then apply Jerome's XSL stylesheet
translation [2] to produce RDF triples (using Xalan), I get a problem as
Masahiro's schema defines the OWL namespace as:

  http://www.w3.org/2002/OWL-XMLScheme

whereas Jerome's stylesheet has it as:

  http://www.w3.org/2003/OWL-XMLScheme

I can edit the stylesheet to change this and the processor then accepts
it, and produces RDF triples, but raises a number of warnings/errors of
the form:

file:/D:/home/seanb/OWL/02-owlxml2rdf.xsl; Line 338; Column -1; Illegal
value used for attribute name:
http://cohse.semanticweb.org/ontologies/people#broadsheet

file:/D:/home/seanb/OWL/02-owlxml2rdf.xsl; Line 340; Column -1; rdf:about
has an illegal attribute: {1}

http://cohse.semanticweb.org/ontologies/people#colour
file:/D:/home/seanb/OWL/02-owlxml2rdf.xsl; Line 340; Column -1; rdf:about
has an illegal attribute: {1}
file:/D:/home/seanb/OWL/02-owlxml2rdf.xsl; Line 338; Column -1; Illegal
value used for attribute name:
http://cohse.semanticweb.org/ontologies/people#person

OWL-XMLSchema document is attached. Note that it refers to a local
location for the schemas, but these are simply there to make things easier
for me -- they are copies of the schemas in [1].

So:

1) Can we synchronize the schemas/XSL namespaces please?
2) Am I doing something silly in my XML or is there a problem with
the XSL here?

Cheers,

      Sean

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/att-0152/02-schemas.zip

[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/att-0125/01-_owlxml2rdf.xsl

--
Sean Bechhofer
seanb@cs.man.ac.uk

#### cows.owl has been removed from this note on January 14 2003 by
Masahiro Hori