Re: XML presentation syntax Schema (modification in AnnotationType)

From: Sean Bechhofer <seanb@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:45:33 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Masahiro Hori writes:

>I think it is better for the AnnotationType in
>the presentation syntax Schema [1] to be modified
>in the following manner.  This modification is not
>to change the abstract syntax, but to make the XML
>presentation syntax closer to the abstract syntax.

>If there is no problem in this presentation
>syntax change, I am going to reflect this
>modification to [1], and post before the f2f.

In the presentation syntax, IndividualType is specified as:

<xsd:complexType name="IndividualType">
  <xsd:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
    <xsd:choice>
      <xsd:element name="type" type="owl:ClassIDType" />
      <xsd:element name="ObjectPropertyValue"
                   type="owl:IndividualPropertyValueType" />
      <xsd:element name="DataPropertyValue"
                   type="owl:DataPropertyValueType" />
    </xsd:choice>
  </xsd:sequence>
  <xsd:attribute name="name" type="owl:IndividualName" />
</xsd:complexType>

This means that individuals can only be given types which are named
classes, rather than arbitrary class descriptions. Is this right?

Incidentally, the link to the zip archive of the schemas in [1] is broken.

Cheers,

	Sean

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/att-0295/01-OWL-XML-Schemas.html

--