Re: Formally addressing issue: rdf compatibility

At 10:16 +0100 2/25/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>I read in:
>
>http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/tr.html#last-call
>
>that
>"Before advancing a technical report to Last Call Working Draft, the Working
>Group must:

>formally address all issues raised by Working Group participants, other
>Working Groups, the Membership, and the public about the Working Draft. "
>
>I note that I raised an issue rdf compatibility in the message:
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0083.html
>
>I understand "formally address" to mean:
>http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/groups.html#formal-address
>
>"In the context of this document, a Working Group has formally addressed an
>issue when the Chair can show (archived) evidence of having sent a response
>to the party who raised the issue. This response should include the Working
>Group's resolution and should ask the party who raised the issue to reply
>with an indication of whether the resolution reverses the initial
>objection."
>
>I hence ask for a response to my message raising the issue.
>
>Jeremy

Jeremy, the response from me and Guus saying we would not reopen the
issue was a response to your request to "open" it (and that response
is archived in our mailing list).  You have objected (vociferously)
to that and I believe you are definitely within your rights to
request that we address it in more detail.   However, until Guus
comes back, we will not be able to send a reply because it requires
both of us to agree -- You will see Guus before I do, feel free to
discuss this with him in person, and we'll send you a final response
sometime after the Tech Plenary when he and I have had a chance to
send you a formal reply.
  -JH