OWL syntax task force

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:35:15 +0100
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

 From the draft minutes (to be circulated shortly)""
 > NEW ACTION: Ian, Jeremy, Peter, Pat, Sean, Guus, ter Horst will work
 > as task force on discussion and return with results in 1 week with
 > progress. Probably can't resolve this next week.

Peter, Ian, Pat, Jeremy, Sean, Jerman,

I will be on holiday this week, so I will not be able to take part in
these discussions until just before the Tech Plenary.

I propose we use (a lrge part) of the Tuesday editor's meeting at the
Tech Plenary to work through this. I''d like to suggest the following
approach:

- We take the S&AS abstract syntax and Jeremy''s concrete syntax (not
   his whole document, but the two sections on ""OWL DL/Lite in RDF
   Graphs".

- We go through the mapping rules and whereever msimatches occur, we do
   one of the following, in order of preference:

   * change the mapping rule
   * change the concrete syntax (Jeremy has already proposed ssome
     changes to make the mapping easier)
   * change the abstract syntax (such changes should be kept to the
     absolute minimum, as it may have consequences for the rest of SAS).

I think this will work, in particular because Jeremy''s last version
(see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0341.html)
is much closer to S&AS.

Sorry not to be able to contribute during this week.

Guus

-
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html