Re: TEST: editor update

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:15:08 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> > java.lang.ClassFormatError: org/apache/jsp/main_jsp (Code of a method
> > longer than 65535 bytes).

Hi Sean

I reproduced your problem (on Linux rather than Windows).
On closer inspection I had incorrectly identified the version of tomcat that I
was using.
I am using 4.0.4, I also did a clean install of 4.0.5 and that worked too.

I have updated the download.tgz file, which includes the latest tests, and a
fix to handle the non-ascii Unicode characters in one of the new tests.
I updated INSTALL to be more detailed, and to specifiy the correct version of

I also fixed it to not include itself - so it is now half the size it was!

Please let me know if you can get this working with tomcat-4.0.5

I looked at using a war archive - forte had a make-a-war option but does not
include the compiled jsp's in the war but leaves it up to tomcat to do that
final stage. Since this is where the problem lay a war would not help.

Please let me know if you can get it working.

(I will report this problem on the tomcat lists)