IImports issue

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:26:57 +0100
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

I'm feeling increasingly uncomfortable about our "imports" resolution
(see the discussion threads cited in the agenda).

Unless we get in the very near future clear evidence this is an
implementable language feature, I will have to reopen this issue and
propose to give imports the same informnal status as the versioning stuff.

Note that responses of the type "this is a useful/necessary feature" are
not helpful at this point. If we cannot show that imports  can be
implemented, we will not be able to go to Proposed Rec with the OWL spec
as it stands. We would all hate toi see that happen.

Guus

--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html