Re: the relationships between OWL species

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:56:56 -0500
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: seanb@cs.man.ac.uk, www-webont-wg@w3.org

At 6:41 -0500 2/17/03, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>From: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
>Subject: RE: the relationships between OWL species
>Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:29:39 +0100
>
>>  >
>>  > I believe that it is the intent of the working group that all OWL DL
>>  > documents are OWL Full documents, which is what 2/ goes against.
>>  >

>>  I certainly intended to convey that ... can you give me a test case please?
>>
>>  i.e. an OWL DL document that is not OWL Full by my wording.

><owl:Class rdf:ID="owl:xxx" />

>is an OWL DL document, but not an OWL Full document.
>
>>  I would regard that as an error.
>>
>>  Jeremy
>
>peter

This definitely sounds like a problem to me

<owl:Class rdf:ID="owl:xxx" />

I think that either the above should not be in DL, or we should fix
the rules w/respect to Full (allowing this in Full).  My preference
is to allow these things in DL and Full, but if we don't, we should
be consistent -- I believe that either of these are with past WG
decisions but that what Peter cited (all RDF documents are in Owl
Full; all DL documents are also in Full) is preferred based on past
WG decisions.
  -JH

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler