RE: Social Meaning Boston 6 March

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:46:50 +0100
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Brian seemed dubious of the significance of discussion on this issue.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Feb/0110.html

Assuming this WG is not going to endorse Peter's comment

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0192.html

may I request that those WG members who feel strongly do post comments to
www-rdf-comments this week, either simply endorsing Peter's comment, or
adding your own.

As editor I have a responsibility to maximize the community consensus on
this issue and my life is made more difficult in as much as I am aware of
disagreements that are insufficiently apparant on the comments list.

Peter, you have previously indicated that you believe your comment is one
that would be endorsed by Lucent and is not just another personal comment
from Peter. Actually getting such an endorsement from the Lucent AC rep, may
help RDF Core address this comment with appropriate care.

[I clearly found the telecon time we spent on this encouraging - I suspect
compromise wording is possible.
e.g. it may help to add a phrase like "When using RDF within a trading
system the overall legal agreement of such systems SHOULD specify whether
simple, RDF, RDFS or some additional entailments apply"
]