Re: naming of documents - requirements in different form

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 07 Aug 2003 17:15:15 -0400
To: "Deborah L. McGuinness" <dlm@ksl.Stanford.EDU>
Cc: Webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 13:56, Deborah L. McGuinness wrote:
> requirements has a slightly different form of title from the rest of the
> documents.
>
> the other ones are all:
>
> OWL Web Ontology Language
> [Overview | Guide | Reference | Semantics and  Abstract Syntax | Test Cases]

Odd... I thought they all had (OWL) in the title.
For what it's worth, my preference is to put (OWL) in
the title.

The manual of style doesn't seem to have a preference;
the acronym seems to be entirely optional.
http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#Title

> but the requirements is:
> Web Ontology Language (OWL) Use Cases and Requirements
>
> i *think* we decided that they would all be consistent in the first form.

I'm pretty sure the WG has not decided on the titles; I've tried
to keep it a matter of editors' discretion.

> are we going to change the form of the title for requirements?

I have no plans to. The only other person authorized to tweak
requirements is Jeff. Jeff, do you plan to?

>   and thus
> should the citation for requirements be
> OWL Web Ontology Language Use Cases and Requirements
> ?

If you don't get an answer from Jeff, please make your
best guess and proceed anyway.