RE: LANG: owl:ontology

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 11:10, Smith, Michael K wrote:
[...]
> 2. Use okont:Oklahoma, with a okont: namespace declaration, but no imports.
> This does permit inconsistencies to arise, but that's life in a distributed,
> web-based world.
[...]
> Possibility 2 seems simplest.

This is my current position too.

>  It enables another party to import both
> TX-Ont and OK-Ont when they need to and reason about them without having to
> jump through the hoops in 1.  AND, they don't get the complete geography of
> Siberia clogging up their system as an inevitable consequence.

By the way...

[...]
Hendler:
> So she has linked her stuff into CYC in some sense, but it clear to
> me that I must be able to read her ontology and use it without having
> to bring in the entirety of the HUGE cyc graph.

The cyc ontology is huge?

Even cwm, which is really pretty slow, can read it in
(and index it and ...) in under a minute.

HEAD http://opencyc.sourceforge.net/daml/cyc.daml

Huge is the DMOZ ontology. Bigger by two orders of magnitude...
no, more: these files are compressed.

HEAD http://dmoz.org/rdf/structure.rdf.u8.gz

HEAD http://dmoz.org/rdf/content.rdf.u8.gz