semantics document revised

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 01:26:01 -0700
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

There is a new version of the OWL/RDF semantics document at

http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/users/phayes/RDFS2OWL-G.html

This has been much changed in response to comments and suggestions by
Ian and Peter, but they have not had a chance to review it yet so it
may have some bugs in it still. In particular the 'strong' semantic
conditions in section 4  may need to be strengthened so that
rdfs:subClassOf is 'iff' on owl:Class. I am genuinely unsure quite
how strong the full OWL semantic conditions are intended to be.

BTW, what was once called GHOWL is now the 'weak' semantics in section 3.

Pat

PS. I know I keep making excuses, but I have a good one this time: I
fired a 3.5 inch nail into a finger with a pneumatic nail gun, which
lost me a couple of days typing.

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes