W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > September 2002

ADMIN: revised WebOnt 29 August minutes

From: tim finin <finin@cs.umbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:48:13 -0400
Message-ID: <3D778ACD.41136340@cs.umbc.edu>
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Minutes of WebOnt Meeting August 29, 2002 12:00-1:30 EDT
(revised 12:45pm edt 5 sept)

SCRIBE: Tim Finin

AGENDA: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Aug/0248.html

IRC LOG: http://www.w3.org/2002/08/29-webont-irc

SUMMARY from IRC Log for attendees, scribe, action items and agreements.

ATTENDEES: (from irc log 16:55 as seem by Zakim on phone)

   Guus, Jim_Hendler, TerHorst, Marwan_Sabbouh, Jonathan, Ian, Pfps,
   Libby, TimFinin, McGuinness, Chris, Leo, LarryE, Klein, Massimo,
   Heflin, Gibbins, DanC, JeremyC, Pat_Hayes, M_Smith, Mike_Dean

REGRETS: Ziv Hellman, Evan Wallace

SCRIBE NEXT WEEK: Leo Obrst

ACTION REVIEW:

   ACTION: Larry Eshelman to contribute example to how-to-do-it doc.
   CONTINUED

   ACTION: Hendler produce test for issue 4.2. CONTINUED

   ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to remove .rdf suffixes.  DONE

   ACTION: Guus to put together an example featuring partof. DONE

   ACTION: Deb McGuinness to write up the closed world example. DONE

   ACTION: Guus to update UML document to reflect new Owl Lite. CONTINUED

   ACTION: Chairs to find an editor for RDF/RDFS/OWLLite/OWL comparison
   document. DONE -- Mike Dean will serve as editor

   ACTION: Hayes will do a revision of his model theory document. DONE.

   ACTION - Peter Patel-Schneider will do a revision of his model theory
   clarifying the relationship between his MT and RDFS.  DONE

ACTION. jjc will sort out entertainment options for ftf4 in Bristol.
(http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc/webont/webontOct.html)

VOTE. A vote was taken on whether or not to schedule a sixth face to
face meeting in Boston 3-7 March 2003 in conjunction with the W3C 
Technical Plenary
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2002JulSep/0011.html) with
an option to cancel the meeting if it is not needed.  The vote passed.

VOTE. A vote was taken on whether or not to approve the OWL test cases
as described in jjc's email.  The vote passed with one opposed (pfps),
one abstention (ChrisW) and the rest positive.

STRAW POLL.  A straw poll vote was taken on whether to hold the fifth
face to face meeting on 9-10 January in (1) Manchester or (2) New
York.  The results were nine votes for Manchester, nine for New York
and four neutral or abstain.

ACTION: Danc will hold email vote on whether to hold ftf5 in
Manchester or NY.  Following normal procedure, there will be one
vote per organization and seven days to respond.

ACTION: Mike Smith to distribute draft of walkthru by 4 September.

ADJOURN at 1:30pm EDT
Received on Thursday, 5 September 2002 12:48:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:52 GMT