W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > October 2002

Regrets

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:46:21 +0000
Message-ID: <15809.9757.733690.358637@merlin.horrocks.net>
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Cc: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Unfortunately I can't make it for this evening's telecon.

> ACTION: Ian will put up local arrangements page: Hotel info, etc.

is completed, see: http://wonderweb.semanticweb.org/mcr-f2f.shtml

I would have liked to participate in the discussions on (at least):

> Issue 5.19 Classes-as-instances
> 
> Issue: hasValue

I would be grateful if we could make some time to discuss these next
week when I will be able to participate.

Ian

On October 30, Jim Hendler writes:
> WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
> AGENDA/LOGISTICS
> October 31, 2002
> 
> 1200 US East Coast
> 0900 US West Coast
> 1700 London
> 
> Duration: 90 minutes
> 
> PHONE INFORMATION
> To use Zakim:
> Dial +1.617.761.6200
> At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
> enter 9326#.
> 
> CHAT INFO
> Simultaneous IRC Chat
> irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
> #webont
> 
> Chair: Hendler
> Scribe: Libby Miller
> 
> NOTE: Oct 31, 2002 is 1 year anniversary of Web Ontology Working 
> Group (1st official message from chair to the WG: 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2001Oct/0002.html)
> 
> 
> 1) ADMIN (10 min)
> 
> 
> 1.1 Roll call
> 
> Regrets:  See list archive for  regrets
> 
> 1.2 Minutes previous telecon
> 
> Proposal to accept as a true record of the Oct 24 telcon:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0198.html
> 
> 1.3 Agenda amendments
> 
> 1.4 Telecon schedule
> 
> - next telecon: Nov 7 per regular schedule
> - scribe for Nov 7: Lynn Thompson
> 
> 1.6 Upcoming ftf meetings
> 
> - Manchester ftf - any updates
> ACTION: Guus to collect info about remote access arrangements
> ACTION: Ian will put up local arrangements page: Hotel info, etc.
> ACTION: Dan Connolly will put up Registration page
> 
> 2) ACTION ITEM REVIEW (10 min)
> 
>   Issue 5.21 "Drop disjointUnionOf"
> ACTION: Chris Welty, Mike Smith, other relevant working draft
> editors to update drafts.
> 
>   Issue 5.5 List syntax or semantics
> ACTION: Chairs Guus and Jim: discuss this in RDF CORE, Semantic Web
> Coordination
> 
> Issue I5.19 Classes-as-instances
> ACTION: Guus, Frank: to move the issue forward, will write up 1-d
> and 2-d views to make clearer to users.
> 
> DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW - Test document (Carroll, de Roo)
> NEW ACTION: All editors: Every new draft, apply same rule: Web Ontology
> Language (OWL) and then reference version (1.1.0).
> NEW ACTION: Jeremy to send out new form of rule, with version, etc.
> 
>   DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW - Guide document (Smith et al.)
> ACTION: Chris Welty to review
> ACTION: Mike Smith to forward revised ontologies to Jeremy.
> 
> DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW - Feature synopsis (McGuinness, van Harmelen)
> ACTION: Guus and Frank to offer suggestions on how synopsis,
> reference document should be updated about 3 languages and their
> relationships.
> 
> DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW - OWL Reference (Dean)
> ACTION: Mike Dean will have new version by next telecon, Oct. 31.
> 
>   DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW - Semantics document (Hayes, Patel-Schneider)
>   ACTION: Peter will produce an outline with pointers.
> (see below)
> 
> DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW - Non-normative Appendices
> XML presentation syntax (Patel-Schneider)
>   ACTION: Guus to put on agenda for next week, Oct. 31, look up who
> has reviewed it.
> 
> UML presentation syntax (Schreiber, Wallace)
> ACTION: Chairs to put off until next telecon, Oct. 31.
> 
> Issue 5.5 List syntax or semantics
> ACTION Jeremy Carroll: will move issue 5.5 forward
> 
> 3) ISSUES (40 min)
> 
> 3.1 - ISSUES WITH PROPOSALS FOR CLOSURE: 
> 
> Issue 4.4 extra-logical feature set
> Proposal to POSTPONE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0221.html
> 
> Issue 5.7 Range restrictions should not be separate URIs
> ACTION Chairs: see if Ziv wishes to push Issue 5.7 or Postpone
>   Jim H. has discussed w/Ziv - no specific proposal at this time
> Proposal to Postpone 5.7
> 
> 3.1 - ISSUES PENDING CLOSURE PROPOSALS (~ 30 min total)
> 
> Issue 5.13 Internet Media Type for OWL
> application/rdf+xml vs. application/owl(+rdf?+xml?)
> Discussion of issue (Connolly)
> See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0162.html
> and following thread
> 
> Issue 5.14 - Ontology versioning
> ACTION: Hayes - send e-mail opposing deprecation.
> Discussion of issue (Heflin)
> 
> Issue 5.18 support for unique names assumption
> Discussion of issue (Hendler)
> see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0185.html
> 
> Issue 5.19 Classes-as-instances
> Discussion of issue (Guus, Frank)
> ACTION Jeremy: to do test case for 5.19
> [includes discussion of names for OWL subsets]
> 
> Issue: hasValue
> Discussion of issue (McGuinness)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0196.html
> 
> 
> 4) DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW (20 min)
> 
> Guide (Smith, 5 min)
> Status Update
> 
> Semantics  (Peter P-S, 15 min)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0204.html
> 
> 
> 5) AOB (0-5 min)
> 
> 
> -- 
> Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
> Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
> Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
> Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Thursday, 31 October 2002 07:46:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:53 GMT