W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > October 2002

Minutes: telecon 17Oct 02

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:32:11 +0200
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Message-Id: <200210181832.11984.jjc@hpl.hp.com>


SUMMARY:
  Welcome to new member - Hori'san dialing in from Tokyo.
  
  No decisions.

  New Actions:
  ==========

ACTION: DanC Write rationale for postponing 4.3.
ACTION: Jeremy liase with Mike about updating the OWL RDFS namespace doc
ACTION MikeSmith Add indication that classes as instances are part of Large 
OWL in Guide.
ACTION: Jeremy send message showing how rdfs fits into liite/fast/large 
layering 
ACTION: frank work with guus to formulate proposal close classes-as-instances 
incl lite/fast/large

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AGENDA:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0097.html

TRANSCRIPT:
http://www.w3.org/2002/10/17-webont-irc

Chair: Hendler
Scribe: Carroll

This meeting reviewed actions and the f2f. Under each agenda I list:
- new actions arising
- completed actions
- continued actions

I star those few lines in the midst of action lists which have not simply been 
copied from the agenda

The only other item of note was the welcome to the new member.

1a: Roll call

Too many regrets to list.

Present:
Hori, Mike Smith, Hendler, Sabbouh, Horrocks, Welty, Carroll, Gibbons, 
Wallace, Klein, De Roo,  Eshelman, ter Horst, Connolly, Borden, van Harmelen

Chair: Welcome to new member - Hori dialing in from Tokyo.

1b: action item review

New actions
==========
None under this item.

Completed actions
===============

ACTION: Jeff Heflin - produce a test case/use case for versioning
  feature and send it to the list. - DONE
ACTION: Pat Hayes - update embedded semantics document and provide an
  appendix to point out the position that the semantics takes on Issues. - 
DONE
ACTION: Authors of Working Drafts - summarize document changes to 
WOWG list. -DONE
ACTION: Carroll - update WG on networking for f2f - DONE
ACTION: Hendler - Prepare talking points for press release - DONE
ACTION: Schreiber - review guide - DONE
ACTION: Hendler produce test for issue 4.2 DONE (by DeRoo)
ACTION: Pat to create a sketch of an idea, for Issue 5.19 by next 
Tuesday. - DONE
ACTION JEFF: Update semantic layering (should be imports/versioning) 
directions doc in prep of FTF discussion - DONE
ACTION: van Harmelen - send e-mail about foreign properties and issue 5.6 - 
DONE
ACTION: Guus to update UML document to reflect new Owl Lite - DONE
ACTION: Mike Dean: will document how he's using RDF statement tags, and
how to solve this. Does his solution satisfy the requirements in the
requirements document? - DONE

Continued actions
===============

ACTION: Thompson - review guide 
* (brief review has been done)
ACTION: Obrst - review guide.
* (brief review has been done)
ACTION: Hayes - send e-mail opposing deprecation.
ACTION: Frank will come up with some more use cases (ontology merging).

2. F2f 4 action review (excluding editorial actions)

Discussion:
Borden is unhappy that issue 4.3 structured datatypes got postponed before he 
had a chance to speak to it.
Jeremy was unhappy with the wording of the sameXXX action on MikeD.
Meeting record is deficient in that it does not record Enrico's attendance.
No decision to approve record was made, partly because of the low numbers at 
this telecon. 

New actions arising
================
ACTION: DanC Write rationale for postponing 4.3.
ACTION: Jeremy liase with Mike about updating the OWL RDFS namespace doc

Completed actions
===============
ACTION Deb McGuiness: send OWL Lite issues presentation materials to 
W3C for the meeting record - DONE

ACTION Chris Welty: write rationale re 5.16 (sent 10Oct)  - DONE

ACTION Brian McBride: provide slides, summary for the record. (DONE 8 Oct)

ACTION Frank: to address issue of class as instance (5.19) in OWL Lite - DONE


Continued actions
===============
ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider/Pat Hayes: draft OWL semantics, 
including the "2 technical bits" [should also address issues 4.6, 
5.9, 5.22]
   (Status update - see PFPS mail of Oct 16, 2002 - not yet in archive)

ACTION JeremyC: produce test cases (for semantics)

ACTION Volz: send OWL Lite in Datalog to W3C for the meeting record
* (Clarification: the presentation materials not just the paper.)

ACTION Ian Horrocks: send www-webont-wg a brief description of 
results of rules work on DAML.
*  (Nearly done ...)

ACTION DebM: raise hasValue issue.

ACTION Frank: collect suggestions for replacement name (for owl lite, 
large, and fast)

ACTION Mike Dean: update reference to remove constraint that 
inversefunctional is objectproperty.

ACTION Dan Connolly: test case
ACTION Jos DeRoo: test case
*  (two test case actions pending release of test WD - test area temporarily 
frozen)

ACTION Pat Hayes: be sure upcoming semantics draft addresses 5.22
ACTION: 4.6 EquivalentTo - suggested that Peter and Pat look at it, 
issue to remain OPEN
* (Note the above two issues are simply markers to try and ensure the 
semantics doc covers enough)

ACTION Jeremy Carroll: will move issue (5.5 List syntax or semantics) forward

ACTION Chairs: see if Ziv wishes to push this issue (5.7 Range 
restrictions should not be separate URIs) or Postpone


ACTION Connolly: to move issue 5.13 Internet Media Type for OWL forward

ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider: to move issue 5.17 XML presentation 
syntax forward

ACTION Hendler: to move this one [5.18 support for unique names 
assumption] forward

ACTION Chairs: will ask Raphael if we want to bring this (5.19 
Classes as Instances) forward
* (Raphael has taken ownership of this action)

ACTION Jeremy: to do test case for 5.19

ACTION: Mike to remove the sameXXX statements from owl reference

ACTION: Peter to generate test case to show disjointUnionOf can be 
rephrased w/existing constructs [and propose to close 5.21 by 
removing disjointUnionOf]

4. Document review (including end of 2) (out of order)

Discussion
=========
Thanks to Mike Smith for rapid updates to Issues.

New actions arising
================
none here.

Completed actions
===============

ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to add an editorial comment to the document on
         errata process. - DONE
ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to add editorial comments like:
         OWL Lite tests may be flagged.
         Imports tests may be flagged.
         Conformance is not yet addressed. - DONE

Continued actions
===============
ACTION: Dan Connolly will fix 403 errors arising from the document.
ACTION MikeD catch ref up with issues, publish reference.
ACTION Deb M: publish synopsis

3. Status of Semantic Layering

No one wished Frank to summarise his e-mail:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Oct/0022.html

New actions:
ACTION MikeSmith Add indication that classes as instances are part of Large 
OWL in Guide.
ACTION: Jeremy send message showing how rdfs fits into liite/fast/large 
layering 
ACTION: frank work with guus to formulate proposal close classes-as-instances 
incl lite/fast/large
Received on Friday, 18 October 2002 12:34:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:53 GMT