W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > November 2002

Fwd: scribe of 14th Novermber Telecon

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:03:28 -0500
Message-Id: <p05111744b9f9a2cb07f5@[10.0.1.2]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

At 7:34 PM +0100 11/14/02, <ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
>From: <ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com>
>To: <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
>Subject: scribe of 14th Novermber Telecon
>Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:34:30 +0100
>...
(Jim H gets log from Ruediger with request to fix some things and 
forward to WG)

Ruediger -- I made a few amendments to your log below, including 
highlighting the ACTIONS and RESOLUTIONS to make it easier for future 
use of these docs.  I also added one or two other bullets about who 
said what.  All, please review to make sure Ruediger and I didn't 
misquote anyone
  -Jim H


W3C WOWG Telecon 14.11.2002
---------------------------

Chair: JimH
Scribe: Ruediger Klein

Participants:

listed in Irc log to be forwarded in separate message

Regrets:

Recorded in WOWG mailing list archives.

1. Approval of last weeks Telecon
---------------------------------
Minutes approved

Telecon on Nov 21 
No telecon on Nov 28 - US holiday of Thanksgiving
(regrets for next week from DanC and Massimo)

Scribe: JimH
Chair: Guus

1.5 F2F Meeting in January
--------------------------
Ian Horrocks will contact the Travel Inn Hotel for special rate and 
room reservations
(the hotel is about 10 min. walk from the meeting place)

2. WOWG Extension
-----------------
IMPORTANT

Group members should contact their W3C representatives in the case 
they will encounter any resource problems
due to the extension

dependencies to be taken into account:
OMG 
FIPA
DARPA DAML
RDF Core WG 
Web Services description

ACTION: Jim H to contact Web Services Desc. about this.

3. Documents
---------------------

Working drafts of all documents available now:
Semantics Document Published
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/
Guide Document Published
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/

4. Issues List
--------------

Evan's  "the meaning of owl:ontology"
Decision that this does not need to be an Issue.   Chris Welty will 
work on getting it explained better in Guide, other editors will see 
if their documents need changing (not obvious they do).

= Issue 5.5 - List Syntax or Semantics (Updates Action, needs closure?)
Jeremy's message plus follow-up:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0203.html
list syntax or semantics in RDF CORE
RESOLVED:  close this issue, based on the RDF and OWL semantics documents
ACTION: Jeremy to generate test Cases

= Issue 5.6 - imports (Action review, decision whether to put to vote)
(Guus chairs the discussion about this issue)
[long confusing discussion about x proposals from JimH, Jeff, Dan...]
Straw Polls reveal more support for Jeff's proposal of Nov 1 then for 
any other currently available.
Question is called by Chair

Vote on Jeff's proposal (IRC message # ...) "owl:imports as magic syntax":
RESOLVED: to close owl:imports as per Jeff's memo of Nov 1, rejecting 
Pat's suggestions to change it.
OBJECTIONS: Connolly, Welty, JimH
abstain: Bordan, Marvan, Jonathan, Ruediger
noted that Pat Hayes raised objections in email.

ACTION Jeff Heflin will produce test cases for owl:imports

= Issue 5.9 - malformed D+O restrictions

(Closed, pending action)
Dan would like to amend the proposal with some clear instructions to the
guide that says "Don't do that".  Dan was actioned to write up a few
sentences for the guide.
ACTION: DanC to proivde wording - continued

= Issue 5.19 - Classes as Instances

[DISCUSSION OF THIS ISSUE POSTPONED FROM LAST TIME]

was completed (Guus and Frank): to move the issue forward and write 
up 1-d and 2-d views to make
clearer to users .
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0310.html

ACTION: Guus will write proposed wording changes for GUIDE and will 
write a message proposing the official closing of this issue.

= Issue 4.3 - Structured Datatypes
postponed to next week
ACTION: Jeremy will have a closer look into the RDF documents about this issue

= Issue 5.17 - XML and UML presentation syntax
Some feeling from WG that these should not be Notes, that they should 
be non-normative appendices or otherwise included in our docs = Jon B 
points out it is very useful to tell people there are XML and UML 
version of our language in our docs.  Peter (?) suggests maybe these 
can go in a single document.

chairs and team contact will think about how to proceed.

Remainder of issues postponed till next call.

AOB - none.
Adjourned








-- 
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Thursday, 14 November 2002 14:03:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:55 GMT