W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > May 2002

AGENDA (update): May 30 telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:03:54 +0200
Message-ID: <3CF6314A.24273D5E@swi.psy.uva.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

[same structure, updated with links to issues and relevant messages]

WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
May 30, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 60-90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Raphael Volz


1) Join call/attendance/admin (10 min)

- regrets: Dean, Finin, Gibbins, Hellman, Klein, McGuinness, Smith
- ISWC / telecon Jun 13
- WOWG schedule revision

2) ACTION item review 
   (chair, 5 min)

ACTION Connolly: to arrange direct CVS access for
appropriate members [Jeremy Carroll, Jos de Roo] of the test focus
area to that repository.

ACTION Dan Connolly to set up f2f registration page

ACTION Deborah McGuinness, Frank van Harmelen, Pat Hayes:
        coedit level 1 document as draft to WG

ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider:
        edit document on OWL Features as draft for WG

ACTION Deborah McGuinness, Ian Horrocks, Frank van Harmelen, Pat Hayes:
        co-edit OWL features document

ACTION Jim Hendler - find editor for D+O document

ACTION chairs to clean up issues list


3) Status report on documents (editors involved, 15 min). 

- OWL subset document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0222.html

This relates to the issue "Lanfuage compliance levels"

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#5.2-Language-Compliance-Levels


- OWL full features document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0173.html

- Comment on RDF Schema document by Gibbins
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0178.html
Two reviewers needed.

- Requirement document
Timeline for updated version

- D+O document as WD (Hendler)


4) Issues 4.5 and 5.11 (chair, 25 min.)

For each issue:
- short technical discussion (10 min. per issue)
- appointment of issue owner

a) ISSUE InverseOf
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#4.5-InverseOf

"InverseOf is a highly used (some say misused) feature of
DAML+OIL. The OWL-Full proposal left it out, because of some worries
on the part of some participants that it caused some logical problems
for users. Other people argue it is an important expression in the
mapping between ontologies." 

Proposed resolution by Dan Connoly:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0264.html


b) ISSUE hasClass/ToClass-names
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#5.11-hasClass/ToClass-names

"Several people at WWW2002 who were using DAML+OIL suggested that using
hasClass and ToClass to represent the difference between universal and
existential quantification was confusing, primarily with respect to
nomenclature (i.e. the names in no way connote the difference between
them). It is suggested that we consider a name change for these terms
to something more mnemonic and/or some examples in the walkthru
documents that better show the difference."


5) DTTF summary (Borden, 15 min)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0229.html

- feedback
- timeline for finalizing the SWCG action

Noe that this agenda item concerns the issue "Semantic layering" (5.3)
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#5.3-Semantic-Layering


6) Proposal for XML presentation syntax (Patel-Schneider, 10 min) 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0266.html

- Issue "XML presentation syntax" should probably be raised 
  (see A'dam ftf resolutions)
- Q&A (short)
- assingment of reviewers


7) A.O.B.
- scibe for June 6




-- 
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam, Roetersstraat 15
NL-1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 20 525 6793 
Fax: +31 20 525 6896; E-mail: schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl
WWW: http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html
Received on Thursday, 30 May 2002 10:07:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:50 GMT