Re: LANG: A proposal for the layering problem

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 09:24, Jeff Heflin wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > To me, RDF Schema is a vocabulary of terms (e.g. subClassOf) to be used
> > within RDF, i.e. within the Resource Description Framework,
> > for describing resources such as properties and classes.
> >
> > WebOnt should be another vocabulary of terms (e.g. disjointWith)
> > that can be used in the same description framework.
>
> We are in complete agreement on this point.

It doesn't look that way to me. When I say "another vocabulary
of terms that can be used in the same description framework"
I mean a collection of symbols (URIs) that can be used in
n-triples and/or RDF/XML 1.0 syntax.

[...]
> Once again, my suggestion is that data stays as RDF. Thus it can still
> be combined easily in the ways you mention. However, the ontologies
> themselves would not be RDF.

To me, Ontologies are just more data.

	:Bob :brother :Joe.

is no more and no less a fact (i.e. data) than.

	:Person ont:disjointWith :Chair.