Re: LANG: A proposal for the layering problem

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 22 Mar 2002 15:59:17 -0600
To: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>
Cc: WebOnt <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 14:54, Jeff Heflin wrote:
[...]
> In
> terms of Peter and Dieter's "Layering" document, this proposal is
> probably best described as a diverging sytax and diverging semantics
> proposal (although it might be a syntactic and semantic extension of
> RDF).

I'm not sure I really like this, but I know I prefer
it to the same-syntax-different-semantics approaches.

i.e. in this approach, if you mean something
different, you say it a different way.

I would find it completely unacceptable if
two different W3C recommendations gave
different meanings to the same document.