RE: SEM: semantics for current proposal

From: Ziv Hellman <ziv@unicorn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:13:59 +0200
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, "webont" <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
I have a question regarding the interaction of uniquely identifying
properties and cardinalities in OWL.

That is, suppose that a property p has  min cardinality 3 and max
cardinality 5, is defined to be uniquely identifying, and we have two
instances i and j.

Let the instances associated with i through p be  { a, b, c }
and suppose now one wishes to associated with instance j, through p, the
instances { c d e f }. Is this problematic because c is in the range of
both i and j, or is this allowed because {a b c} != {c d e f} ?