Re: TEST: sameGuy: pls report results from software you develop/use

On March 7, Dan Connolly writes:
> In our telcon today, I took an action
> to provide a handful of tests, and
> other folks took actions to try the
> tests with their implementations (FaCT,
> Euler, a prolog thingy, TRIPLE, Jena? ...)
> and report back.
>
> Ian, where are those FaCT/shiq tests?
> I'll see if I can convert them to DAML+OIL.

Sent them Thursday night.

> Meanwhile, this sameGuy test is available
> in two forms: in premise/conclusion form, we have:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/sameGuyP.rdf
>   v 1.2 2002/03/07 19:20:08
> and
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/sameGuyC.rdf
>   v 1.2 2002/03/07 19:19:22
>
> Please ask your software to check that sameGuyC
> follows from sameGuyP and let us know the results.
>
> Or...
>
> In consitency-check form, we have
> the whole question in one file:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/sameGuyQ.rdf
>   v 1.1 2002/03/07 19:20:08
>
> Please feed that to your engine and
> tell me if it finds an inconsistency.
> (It should.)

I wasn't able to do that for several reasons.

1. I can't deal with rdf:parseType="Resource"

2. I expect the ontology language namespace to be
   "http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil#"

Even if I fix those things, there is a problem in that the inference
you are looking for seems to rely on an Unambiguous datatype property,
which isn't supported by the semantics. Moreover, the inference relies
heavily on individuals and literals and literals, which I currently
don't deal with (I am just doing class based reasoning).

Apart from that it should work :-)

Ian