RE: LANG, SEM: Re: more on a same-syntax extension from RDF(S) to OWL

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:07:49 -0000
To: "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org>, <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

>  Are the use cases  Lynn gave within scope?

I am not sure, and no I don't have good answers.
I certainly felt more confortable with them that with yours :( sorry.

If I had a Jena user in front of me, I think I would encourage them to keep
the sets of assertions of different modal contexts separate; probably assign
to them URIs, and then have another separate set of assertions that
describe the model information.

e.g.

urn:a   = a set of things (that I picked up at Jim's site)

urn:b  = a set of things (that I picked up at Frank's site)

And then I say in some separate bucket

  "Jim said urn:a"
  "Frank said urn:b"

not satisfactory, and personally I would not be averse to considering a
compelling solution to this problem. But even then, I am not clear that such
a compelling solution is for this WG rather than some other W3C activity, to
be considering.