ISSUE: Syntax

From: Raphael Volz <volz@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:58:07 -0700
To: "Webont" <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
in preparation of the meeting, I encountered serious problems with the
OWL syntax, since all of the 4 documents (in the reading list) take
different stances to several syntax elements. I've compiled a list
and attached it.

We should solve these syntax issues before releasing the first Reference
Description. Currently it is about certain that people are confused since
different names are taken for the same stuff. Therefore the names chosen
should also be similar in the formalization to facilitate comprehensability.

Procedurally i'ld suggest that we take the established DAML+OIL syntax as
(more or less) agreed starting point, take it for granted and revise those
names that are hard to understand / misleading only.

I'ld very much appreciate if we could take this into the discussion on
Monday afternoon.

RAISED BY: R. Volz, mail of 7/1/02

Best regards,

Raphael