TEST: mapVocab and Euler [was: LANG: closing issue 4.6]

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 16:52, Jos De_Roo wrote:
> [...]
> > > Option 2: The sameXxxAs properties are not subproperties of
> equivalentTo.
> > >
> > > In this option the standard way of saying that two classes have the
> same
> > > extension does not imply that they denote the same object.  Here
> > > sameClassAs is exactly the same as having two subClassOf
> relationships.
> > >
> > > This option does not depend on any particular answer to the classes as
> > > instances issue.
> > >

> > > I vote for option 2.
> >
> > That's my preference for how sameClassAs works too.
>
> OK, that was not my DAML understanding so far
> but I'm now convinced that option 2 is better
>
> just that
> http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/mapVocabP.n3
> is then not entailing anymore
> http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/mapVocabC.n3
> unless it would say
> :all ont:equivalentTo ont:intersectionOf.
> (at least, that's what we have tested)

That looks like a bug.

From

   :all ont:samePropertyAs ont:intersectionOf.

and
   { :rule6a . :p rdfs:subPropertyOf :r . :s :p :o } log:implies { :s :r
:o } .

and
   owl:samePropertyAs a rdf:Property; rdfs:subPropertyOf
rdfs:subPropertyOf .

we should get

	:all rdfs:subPropertyOf ont:intersectionOf.

Then, from

  :BigTall :all (:Big :Tall).

and rule6a, we should get

  :BigTall ont:intersectionOf (:Big :Tall).

and so on.

Maybe a namespace name mismatch somewhere?

Also: I don't see anything in your rules that
says samePropertyAs is symmetric.

see you in Montreal in August at Extreme Markup 2002?