W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > July 2002

Re: ADMIN: Agenda for July 25, 2002 telecon

From: Deborah McGuinness <dlm@KSL.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 02:17:08 -0700
Message-ID: <3D3FC214.E637071E@ksl.stanford.edu>
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
CC: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>



Jim Hendler wrote:

> NOTE to Peter P-S, Deb M., and Mike D. - please send pointers to
> latest version of your WDs to the mailing list.

no change to the url for my document - it is still:
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLFeatureSynopsis.htm

The posted version addresses all of the action items that were scribed by me or
relayed by guus
in the action log.  It also incorporates ian's comments from email and from two
followup discussions with him.
It addresses more than I claimed to do of Peter's comments from the telecon.
I did not drop section 2 as Peter suggested (that countered previous suggestions
and one of the goals of the document to provide a concise listing of the terms)
and I also did not do a reorganization as he suggested and the consolidation
that he suggested following the style of 3.5 since people explicitly asked for
individual examples.

Earlier yesterday i provided the checker (dan) with a listing of the place and
how i handled the action items.

>
> Note to WG - I am having trouble w/web access - apologies for not
> having pointers to the Issues under discussion.
>
> WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
> AGENDA/LOGISTICS
> July 25, 2002
>
> 1200 US East Coast
> 0900 US West Coast
> 1700 London
>
> Duration: 60-90 minutes
>
> PHONE INFORMATION
>
> To use Zakim:
> Dial +1.617.761.6200
> At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
> enter 9326#.
> Note: When you join the telecon please state your name
>
> CHAT INFO
> Simultaneous IRC Chat
> irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
> #webont
>
> Chair: Jim Hendler
> Scribe: Leo Obrst (not on Irc)
>
> Minutes of previous meeting: http://www.w3.org/2002/07/18-webont-irc
>
> 1 - Admin:
>
> ACTION DanC to raise an issue wrt rdfs:subclassof and
> owl:subclassoff
>
> ACTION Connoly to get the OK'd for the OWL URI by the W3C
> webmaster/director;
>
> ACTION Pat will attempt to take abstract syntax, and Peter's MT and
> the mapping into RDF and will write a model theory in the Connolly
> style (i.e. as an extension to RDF MT) and see if he can identify
> the exact issues. Target deadline: three weeks (July 25). - change of
> due date to Aug 1.
>
> ACTION Guus will generate a structure in which the examples should
> appear by July 11. This will also include one example.
> Evan Wallace and Larry Eshelman: contribute examples
>
> ACTION Evan will writeup a description of a recent OMG meeting that
> concerned UML and OWL, and the process he is running at OMG, and
> will post that to the WG.
>
> ACTION  (all): send to WebOnt mailing list a short
> description of the tools you have available.
> or that you will use to help tools.
>
> ACTION  (Raphael): will make a large ontology available to test
> readers.
>
> ACTION Hendler produce test for issue 4.2
>
> ACTION ChrisW to propose resolution of 3.4 and 4.1
>
> ACTION: connolly review abstract syntax
>
> ACTION: chairs - find photo of face to face example from the
> discussion of model theory.
>
> ACTION: Dan C. to work with Pat H to reconcile the issues of missing
> discussion of model theory in the log
>
> ACTION: Jim H will set up a straw poll based on the offers - this
> will include choices of Dec/Jan and place
>
> ACTION: Deb - add "property" to make sure we are using same terms.

done

>
>
> ACTION: Deb to make sure names are same between her document and Mike's.

done

>
>
> ACTION: DanC to review Deb's final edits of feature document.

dan just got my edits yesterday

>
> ACTION: Mike will summarize changes in email to the list. (by next week)
>
> ACTION: Peter - will review appendix C.
>
> ACTION: JimH to draft press release - solicits input ASAP from WG members.
>
> Face to Face Updates:
>
>   f2f4  update (Jeremy)
>   f2f5 update  (REMEMBER BIDS DUE BY THURS.)
>     Bids: U. Manchester
>           US NY region (IBM)
>           US DC region (DARPA/UMCP/UMBC - not confirmed)
>           US FL region (U W. Fl)
>    straw poll to be held
>     date: Mid Jan (poss late Dec)
>
> 2 - document update
>   Status of three WDs
>    Features - Deb
>    Reference - Mike
>    Abst Syntax - Peter
>     Process issues (if any) - Dan
> (Note to editors - please provide most up to date pointers to the documents)
>
> 3 - Proposal to close issues 3.4 and 4.1
>         (UniqueProperty and UnambiguousProperty)
>       Welty
>
> 4 - Proposal to close issue 2.4  (oneOf)
>    Discussed several meetings ago, discussion was expected in email,
> there was none,  Propose we return and close (accepting this much
> used feature)
>
> 5 - Proposal to close issue 4.6 (equivalentTo)
> Much discussion on Mailing List - proposed closing suggested by J.
> Hendler in email sent around 11PM EST on July 24 (apologies for not
> having archive access)
>
> 6 -    Opening of issue 5.20 ( Should OWL provide synonyms for RDF
> and RDFS objects?)
>      Peter P-S to explain issue and invite email discussion
>
> 7 - AOB
>    next telecon
>    next scribe
> --
> Professor James Hendler                           hendler@cs.umd.edu
> Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies     301-405-2696
> Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.    301-405-6707 (Fax)
> Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742          240-731-3822 (Cell)
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory
 Gates Computer Science Building, 2A Room 241
 Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-9020
 email: dlm@ksl.stanford.edu
 URL: http://ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm
 (voice) 650 723 9770    (stanford fax) 650 725 5850   (computer fax)  801 705
0941
Received on Thursday, 25 July 2002 05:18:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:51 GMT