Re: ADMIN: Agenda for July 25, 2002 telecon

Jim Hendler wrote:

> NOTE to Peter P-S, Deb M., and Mike D. - please send pointers to
> latest version of your WDs to the mailing list.

no change to the url for my document - it is still:
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLFeatureSynopsis.htm

The posted version addresses all of the action items that were scribed by me or
relayed by guus
in the action log.  It also incorporates ian's comments from email and from two
followup discussions with him.
It addresses more than I claimed to do of Peter's comments from the telecon.
I did not drop section 2 as Peter suggested (that countered previous suggestions
and one of the goals of the document to provide a concise listing of the terms)
and I also did not do a reorganization as he suggested and the consolidation
that he suggested following the style of 3.5 since people explicitly asked for
individual examples.

Earlier yesterday i provided the checker (dan) with a listing of the place and
how i handled the action items.

> Note to WG - I am having trouble w/web access - apologies for not
> having pointers to the Issues under discussion.
>
> WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
> AGENDA/LOGISTICS
> July 25, 2002
>
> 1200 US East Coast
> 0900 US West Coast
> 1700 London
>
> Duration: 60-90 minutes
>
> PHONE INFORMATION
>
> To use Zakim:
> Dial +1.617.761.6200
> At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
> enter 9326#.
> Note: When you join the telecon please state your name
>
> CHAT INFO
> Simultaneous IRC Chat
> irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
> #webont
>
> Chair: Jim Hendler
> Scribe: Leo Obrst (not on Irc)
>
> Minutes of previous meeting: http://www.w3.org/2002/07/18-webont-irc
>
> 1 - Admin:
>
> ACTION DanC to raise an issue wrt rdfs:subclassof and
> owl:subclassoff
>
> ACTION Connoly to get the OK'd for the OWL URI by the W3C
> webmaster/director;
>
> ACTION Pat will attempt to take abstract syntax, and Peter's MT and
> the mapping into RDF and will write a model theory in the Connolly
> style (i.e. as an extension to RDF MT) and see if he can identify
> the exact issues. Target deadline: three weeks (July 25). - change of
> due date to Aug 1.
>
> ACTION Guus will generate a structure in which the examples should
> appear by July 11. This will also include one example.
> Evan Wallace and Larry Eshelman: contribute examples
>
> ACTION Evan will writeup a description of a recent OMG meeting that
> concerned UML and OWL, and the process he is running at OMG, and
> will post that to the WG.
>
> ACTION  (all): send to WebOnt mailing list a short
> description of the tools you have available.
> or that you will use to help tools.
>
> ACTION  (Raphael): will make a large ontology available to test
> readers.
>
> ACTION Hendler produce test for issue 4.2
>
> ACTION ChrisW to propose resolution of 3.4 and 4.1
>
> ACTION: connolly review abstract syntax
>
> ACTION: chairs - find photo of face to face example from the
> discussion of model theory.
>
> ACTION: Dan C. to work with Pat H to reconcile the issues of missing
> discussion of model theory in the log
>
> ACTION: Jim H will set up a straw poll based on the offers - this
> will include choices of Dec/Jan and place
>
> ACTION: Deb - add "property" to make sure we are using same terms.

done

> ACTION: Deb to make sure names are same between her document and Mike's.

done

> ACTION: DanC to review Deb's final edits of feature document.

dan just got my edits yesterday

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory