Re: Appendix C. http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:21:15 -0400
To: <connolly@w3.org>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

I've a few questions/comments --

It seems that <rdfs:Class> and <owl:Class> are used interchangably, is this
intended? e.g:

[[
<Class rdf:ID="Thing">
  <rdfs:label>Thing</rdfs:label>
  <rdfs:comment>
    The most general (object) class in OWL.
    This is equal to the union of any class and its complement.
  </rdfs:comment>
  <unionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
    <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Nothing"/>
    <rdfs:Class>
      <complementOf rdf:resource="#Nothing"/>
    </rdfs:Class>
  </unionOf>
</Class>
]]

is it the intention that
<unionOf>
    <rdfs:Class .../>
</unionOf>

be part of OWL or is this intended to be RDFS with OWL constructs? Does it
make a difference?

is <owl:Class> really a subClassOf <rdfs:Class> ? Is it an <owl:subClassOf>
or an <rdfs:subClassOf>? Does it make a difference?

I assume the OWL MT will not be the same as the RDF MT, so which MT provides
the interpretation of such a document? Is this a reasonable question?

Jonathan

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0179.html