RE: LANG: new version of abstract syntax/translation document

From: Smith, Michael K <michael.smith@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:05:33 -0500
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, connolly@w3.org
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Peter,

Sorry to be so slow responding. I had two comments.

The second is a response to your assumptions regarding structured
types and owl:quote (which does not have any impact on your document,
unless/until we make some decision contra your assumptions).  So I
am sending it in a seperate message labeled as ISSUE.

I was having trouble with the productions.  Are the semi-colons
floating around spurious?  E.g. the <individual> production:

 <individual> ::= Individual( [<individualID>]
                              ;{type=<classID>}
                              {<propertyValue>} )

doesn't match the example:

 Individual(type=Book (dc:author (Individual (ex:name "Fred"))))

Does the ';{' construct indicate that ';' is a separator intended to
sit between repeated items?  But that doesn't work for

<axiom> ::= SubPropertyOf( <datavaluedPropertyID>
    ;<datavaluedPropertyID> )

Minor.

- Mike