ACTION: implications of removing class descriptions from Owl Lite

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:25:32 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

From the F2F log:

ACTION Ian: investigate the implications of striking "Class
descriptions..." text from the document.

As I suspected, this does not (completely) fix the problem. E.g., it
is still possible to state equivalences of the form:

sameClassAs(A, restriction(onProperty(P), someValuesFrom(C)))

You can do this as follows:

subClassOf(A, restriction(onProperty(P), someValuesFrom(C)))
subClassOf(C, restriction(onProperty(inverse(P)), allValuesFrom(A)))

I didn't yet find a general mechanism for stating equivalences without
using sameClassAs, but I may be able to do so if I try a bit harder.

Regards, Ian