W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > July 2002

ADMIN: Minutes of June 27 telecon

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:31:56 +0100
To: "webont" <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <JAEBJCLMIFLKLOJGMELDMEDHCEAA.jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>


June 27 telecon

Chair:  Jim Hendler
Scribe: Jeremy Carroll

Agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0190.html
IRC Log:
http://www.w3.org/2002/06/27-webont-irc

Summary:
========

ACTIONS:

ACTION - Hendler; Summarize discussion about "Formal Spec" to mailing list
ACTION - Heflin; e-mail list to indicate imminent publication of reqdoc

DECISIONS:

None

NO MEETING NEXT WEEK.


Detail:
=======

1: Roll Call

Present:
Stanton
Connolly
Hendler
Carroll
Gibbins
Klein
Sabbouh
Smith
Finin
Obrst
De Roo
Stein
Heflin
Hellman
Dale
Welty
MacGuinness (part)
Schreiber
ter Horst

Regrets:
van Harmelen
MacGuinness
Patel-Schneider
Trastour
Miller
Dean
Buswell
Tabet
Eshelman
Horrocks
Thompson


See http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/ftf3.html#What:

2: Sunday night social advert
http://www.w3.org/2002/06/27-webont-irc#T16-08-30

3: Feature Synopsis for OWL Lite and OWL

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/att-0173/01-OWLFeature
Synopsis.htm

Jim Hendler raised that a significant change was that what was called "OWL Level
1" is now called "OWLLite".

Otherwise no comments.

4: OWL Web Ontology Language 1.0 Reference Description
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/att-0124/01-owl-ref-pr
oposed.html

It was noted that the authors of the DAML+OIL reference description have been
listed by default.
All authors need to confirm this as OK.
Lynn Stein and Dan Connolly confirmed at this meeting.

Otherwise no comments.

5: Formal Specification of the OWL Web Ontology Language
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/att-0118/01-specificat
ion.html

Discussion.

The following issues (amongst others) were discussed.
- the removal of restrictions with extra components.
- normative status
- abstract syntax vs triple syntax (and domain of discourse)
- the role of the related XML schema
- where is the formal semantics
(see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0082.html
)
- intended audience (WG members or for outside WG)
- purpose/utility of document
- publishability of current draft

There was some disagreement on each of these.

ACTION - Hendler; Summarize discussion about "Formal Spec" to mailing list

6: Requirements Document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/att-0086/01-reqdoc.htm
l

At the f2f it will be proposed that this is published.

ACTION - Heflin; e-mail list to indicate imminent publication of reqdoc

7: Other issues for face2face

Jeremy raised the scope of test cases - this is already on the agenda.

8: Action review

(Scribe got muddled)
Items in log:
[[
ACTION - Connolly: to arrange direct CVS access for Carroll:
]]
continued straight after telecon
[[
ACTION: Dan Connolly: to produce two test cases: (1) (classes as instances)
from requirements document (2) oracle data base example
]]
Continued
[[
ACTION: Jeremy Carroll: will also produce a test case
]]
Done.

9: Date of next telecon
july 11th
(july 4th public holiday in US - and straight after f2f).
Received on Monday, 1 July 2002 07:33:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:51 GMT