Re: REQDOC: New Draft

Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu> writes:

> The new version of the Requirements Document is now ready for your
> perusal.

I've read the new draft of the reqdoc - I'm generally happy with
the document being released to the world at large in its current
state, although I would like to back Mike Dean's comment that the
description of 'classes as instances' (Requirements, section 4) isn't
quite clear enough to sell this requirement to the lay reader.

From discussion at the f2f, I understood that this intent of this
requirement was primarily to enable properties to be attached to
classes as well as to instances. Perhaps it would be worth making the
comparison with C++ static members, or with template slots in frame
systems?

--
Nick Gibbins                                            nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk
IAM (Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia)             tel: +44 (0) 23 80592831