REQDOC: New Draft

From: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:40:12 -0500
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
The new version of the Requirements Document is now ready for your
perusal. Please see:

http://km.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/owl/

The following issues are still outstanding, and need to be discussed at
the telecon:

1) "Referencing with URIs" as raised by Peter Patel-Schneider.

2) "Ontologies as resources" as raised by Peter.

3) "Ability to state closed worlds." I was going to demote it to an
objective as requested by Peter, but Pat Hayes subsequently argued that
it was important.

4) "Properties for statements / Reification / Tagging" as raised by
Peter.

5) "Lexical representations" appears to say that URIs have multiple
forms (as raised by Peter). Need alternative wording here.

6) Removing "Integration of digital signatures." Peter doesn't believe
it is appropriate for an ontology language, but Raphael Volz later
aruged for keeping it in.

7) Mike Dean's new requirements (dated Feb. 19). I haven't had the time
to consider which of these should be added.

Jeff