W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > February 2002

Reqs doc closure (was Re: ALL HANDS - agenda/logistics - Telecon Feb 21)

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:02:51 -0500
Message-Id: <p05101409b8995c06d02d@[10.0.0.18]>
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, hendler@cs.umd.edu
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
At 8:40 AM -0500 2/20/02, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
>Subject: ALL HANDS - agenda/logistics - Telecon Feb 21
>Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:13:22 -0500
>
>[...]
>
>>  3) Requirements Document (30 min. Heflin, Dale, Volz)
>>  *** last chance to raise issues on current version
>>     Proposed resolution that we should have a reqs. document and
>>  release as a working draft (we have never officially decided this)
>>     Discussion of document - update on status, steps to complete
>>     Actions to complete document
>
>I am unsure of what is being proposed here.  In particular, what does
>``last chance to raise issues on the current version'' mean?  If it means
>that there will be another version that the WG will again review then this
>is OK with me.  If, however, it means that the WG is supposed to agree with
>the currently-available version of the document (Feb 7, 2002 1:30 pm) then
>I feel that there are far too many open issues with the document for me to
>even agree in general, let alone give a final approval.
>
>Peter F. Patel-Schneider
>Bell Labs Research

This is the last chance to bring up issues that have not yet been 
discussed.  Following this the editors will produce a document which 
the WG will review, approve (or not) and move forward.  But I believe 
that any new issues raised after today, unless they are introduced by 
editing into the final draft, should be ignored as everyone has had 
ample time to read the document, and as Jeff has been bending over 
backwards to respond to issues and to make appropriate changes 
reflecting the WGs intent.  We must reach closure eventually, and 
this seems to be the best way for a WG to do this (i.e. document, 
discussion, penultimate draft, approval, release).   We are already 
seevral weeks late on the expectation of releasing documents every 
three months, and need to get this done.
  -JH

-- 
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Wednesday, 20 February 2002 09:03:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:47 GMT